How to Choose a Newborn Photographer
A newborn’s first few days of life are a special time that is quickly fleeting. That’s why newborn pictures are so important! A newborn photographer captures all the tiny details, including the wisps of hair, the itty bitty toes, and the wrinkled skin that makes your baby unique. Newborn pictures are a cherished keepsake that you will treasure for a lifetime. They document those first few precious weeks and provide a window into your baby’s personality. With newborn pictures, you can look back and remember just how tiny your baby once was.
Choosing a photographer for newborn photos can be a daunting task. There are so many things to consider! With so many photographers out there, how do you know who to choose? Well, we’re here to help! In this blog post, we will discuss tips on choosing the perfect photographer for your new baby.
What to Look for in a Newborn Photographer
Newborn pictures are a special way to document your newborn’s early days. But with so many newborn photographers out there, how do you know which one is right for you? Here are a few things to look for when choosing a newborn photographer:
- Make sure they have experience photographing newborns. It may seem like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many people try to do newborn photography without any experience. Newborns require a delicate touch and a lot of patience. The last thing you want is for your little one to be uncomfortable or distressed during the photo session. Choosing someone who knows how to handle your newborn with care is essential.
- Take a look at their portfolio. Newborn photography is all about capturing those precious little moments, so you want to ensure the photographer you choose has a style you love. Pay attention to the photos’ lighting, composition, and overall feel. Do they capture the joy and wonder of new life? Are they warm and intimate, or cold and clinical? You should also ensure that the photographer has experience editing newborn photos so imperfections can be corrected afterward. Think baby acne, jaundice, and newborn poop! Yes, that happens!!
- Find a photographer near you. Traveling with newborns can be tricky. Staying close to home will save you time and hassle when it comes to getting your baby to and from the photo shoot. Also, finding a photographer who will come to you can be a great solution if you’re not up for traveling with your newborn.
- Be sure to read reviews and ask for recommendations before booking any photographer.
Questions to Ask Your Newborn Photographer
Once you’ve found a few photographers that you think might be a good fit, it’s time to ask some questions. Here are a few essential things to ask a newborn photographer before booking:
- How long have you been photographing newborns?
- Do you have any experience with special needs babies?
- What is your approach to newborn photography?
- How do you handle baby safety during the photo shoot?
- What is included in your newborn photography package?
- When will the pictures be ready?
- Are you experienced with editing newborn photos?
With some research, you can find a photographer who will capture those precious moments beautifully, and we hope that these tips have helped you search for the perfect newborn photographer.
Now that you know what to look for in a newborn photographer, we hope you’ll consider booking us for your baby’s early days. Take a look at our newborn portfolio to see our style. We can’t wait to meet your new little one!
How do you make a baby ghost laugh?
You play peek-a-BOO!